Open Letter to Somizi Mhlongo

Dear Somizi “SomGaga” Mhlongo

My name is Teboho Thuswa (22), I’m a Motivated Speaker and not a Motivational Speaker because encounters I bumped into at an early age of my life has driven me to speak and change people's lives with the gift that God blessed me with. It’s steadfast notables like you that augment substantial value to my motivational messages and thus prompt me to be phenomenal and do outstanding things. I’m also a qualified actor by profession and an incipient entrepreneur who’s the CEO of Fishmonger Creations.

I was really enthused to transcribe this letter to you because you liberally preserve the spirit of one’s self-love that consequently creates many people to fall in love with themselves again despite their daily troubles and tribulations with your exciting character. My other motive for transcribing this letter to you is because we captain the skill of honouring and appreciating hard-working exceptional individuals like you when they are dead whilst we failed when they are still alive and playing huge parts in our lives with their ecstatic humour. I have therefore decided to demolish this disease of less appreciating good things when they happen.

Back then when I was growing up as young boy I used to see you acting on Muvhango and that was the only sphere I knew you from except the open secret of who your parents are. I must admit however that I never noticed the 20 year old energetic Somizi on Sarafina repeats until I read some magazine couple years ago. When people touch my heart with their abilities and aspirations, I usually get so motivated and thrilled to know who they are, where they come from and what are they really doing behind the scenes that makes them to fly so high, I do this because I believe that if we can draw positive attributes from other people who are doing wonders will give us an opportunity to become more enhanced individuals. My reason to invest on what’s behind the scenes is based on the ideology of that before the bread was bread; there were ingredients that were on the table together with an oven that baked that bread. As I was I was really finding out who is really this extravagant, exciting and elegant Somizi that has taken South Africa by storm. I was up on my feet when I found out of how hard your journey to stardom was and I never since regretted why I really wanted to visit your background. I’ve got see and realise that I’ve got a dream that’s worth more than my sleep and I need to invest in it.

SomSom I was really astonished when I found out that you dropped out of school in grade 9 without your parents being aware. Well I am actually fully happy you did that because today I’m writing you this letter today lol. SomGaga you dropping out of school as a result of following your passion and dream has undeniably beard the much needed fruits that are blossoming in our beautiful country. On one interview you said "My parents didn’t know. I wanted to pursue dance and they wouldn’t allow it because I’d be distracted from my studies. Absolutely I’m happy I made that decision. I wouldn’t encourage anyone to do it, but I was driven by passion. I knew at age 12 what I wanted to be. I didn’t see Biology and Science playing a major part in my future, so why was I wasting my time? I don’t do anything half-heartedly. I go all in. I’m the epitome of passion." Som G, Chris Murray fanatically agrees with you and says "Listen to people from your heart that are carrying your passion, as if your life depended on it, and you will find that in turn people will listen to you with all of theirs.” SomG, most of us die before we are fully born because we have no clue that creativeness means to be born before one dies and I’ve seen now that one must really be driven by passion to become successful, thumbs up for ensuing your dream because it’s really sad today to see many people waking up every morning to get ready to go to jobs they hate, jobs that makes them sick, jobs that limit their abilities, jobs that their parents chose for them and jobs drains them because they never had an opportunity to explore their creative space and their inner passionate beings. I must as well also agree with you when you say “I wouldn’t encourage anyone do it” because God blessed us with different gifts, your gift may be a poison to someone because it was not designed for them but for you only while your vision was also not given to them. Education is important and valuable, I however believe that we can’t just compare it with the gift; it’s absolutely illegal because Education is a system established by humans while a Gift is from God and it’s a known factor that nothing beats what God has supplied!

Madame Gigi, today you are a prominent and much respected Choreographer because you became the CEO of your life at the age of 12 and fulfilled your dancing desire, seeing you ‘Living The Dream’ today sends a robust message to many young people who are undermining themselves in the townships to say you can come out of the situation you are in if you can stop feeling sorry for yourself and playing the blame game. I had thought you had lavish lifestyle whilst growing up since your parents were actors but I was humbled to see you grew up like any other child in the township besides touring with your parents to gigs. I also take my hat off and salute you for making the bold statement to condemn the so called educated blacks’ who think their polished English accents and certificates gives them a right to look down on others because last time I checked education’s purpose was designed to decrease ignorance and not to increase it. I think our government’s education system must introduce a way of dispiriting mental slavery from an early age because it has taken over and thus leaving the oppressor with the huge smile because his plan of dividing blacks works every day. From your life story I picked up that we each carry with us unique gifts, recognized and unrecognized and we must long to harness those gifts in a way that gives life significance and helps us to matter more in the lives of others because an achievement award is not the end goal; but rather a symbolic confirmation of your potential future success.


Som G, SomSom. You are just not ashamed of being gay, you are just not afraid of being who you are. As an admired public figure, I believe you send and have sent a sturdy memorandum to self-hidden homosexual beings who are afraid of coming out because of being trapped under the bridge of discrimination, harassment and fear of being bullied, beaten, judged and boxed by the parents, friends, family, teachers, colleagues and the society at large. Mr Grind with Somizi, you have been under that painful and unfair bridge, you’ve been judged and even boxed but you and other individuals in LGBT community have still succeeded and continue to fight the demon relative of tribalism and racism which is homophobia. Simone de Beauvoir boldly says “In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: The ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint or obligation.”

SomG, people shouldn’t bury their feelings of coming out to just to please the next person, that is an absolute torture because when you open your mouth, you are also opening your heart, and knowing that someone truly hears what you are feeling and understands you is soothing to your soul. It was very sad to hear about the mass shooting that happened to US LGBT community, no one deserves to be killed for being who they are. Someone once said “The original meaning of the word 'gay' is someone that's very happy. So let the gays be gay, as the way it's supposed to be. Don't even ask why there are gay people; ask why people don't have the acceptance of who they are". Our society is still very mentally ill but with time we shall be where we should be, it’s very painful when one is denied an opportunity to be who they want to be, this is the same anarchy that furthermore leaves people drowning in jobs they hate because they are pleasing their parents, friends and society but not themselves. You are the most holistic person I know because you are Living The Dream and I just love how you even tell it like it is.

Somizi, you have been hit and tempered by the harsh reality that exterminates and angers most of us today. You have been dirt broke for a long time because of making financial slipups but you stood up to be even greater. I’ve been there too, I at some point played with money thinking I have arrived until life humbled me, it was a very laborious situation because during those dark days life gets tougher; your real friends will be there to tell you that it will be ok, to ask you if there's anything they can do, and your fake friends will stand from a distance laughing to see if you make it. Because every failure was a stepping stone towards a greater success, I’ve got to understand that when God wants us to mature and propagate, he puts us in devastating situations whereby we just feel like just giving up on everything, think of committing suicide, kick ourselves or be the most unhappy people so that we can become successful people we were really meant to be as our accomplishments in the past and present has a link to our future success. I also applaud you for always appreciating God and thanking Him for all you have; 1 Samuel 18:14 beautifully says, “And David had success in all his undertakings, for the Lord was with him”. A.R Rahman also agreeably articulates that “Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head”. Som Gaga, on one interview you reassuringly alleged that “self-love is the courage that says my background cannot define me, it forms part of where I have been and through relationships we learn about our personalities and character. One often gets to see that not everyone has your best interest at heart.” Life still gets harder for me even now as I build my acting and speaking career business but I’m no longer looking back now seeing how far you’ve become. Your path has indeed really restored my confidence and faith that my time to shine is coming because my passion is in control of driving my journey.

Mr SomG, you have explored all your talents from acting, Idols judging, emceeing, choreographing, entrepreneurship and more. From how you do things and handle yourself I managed to see that character is the firm foundation stone upon which one must build to win respect, I mean I’ve seen that there’s no worthy building something that can be created on a weak foundation. One thing I like about you more is that you still dream bigger and bigger as there is never arriving in success journey. Mr Mhlongo please continue to shine and remain a huge inspiration to many of us who love you and who are looking up to you. I am today drafting my first drafting my first book titled Nobody Is Bigger Than Your Business Of Life, you are surely going to receive a signed copy of it because your contribution has been amazing even though you may not know. I wish all the best and may God bless you.

Warm Regards

Teboho Thuswa, @tebohothuswa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Letter to Ba2cada

Open Letter to Dj Zinhle

I've Broken Her Heart, Now I Regret Losing Her